Puertos del Estado receives 6 offers to develop and implement the SIMPLE Logistics Platform
- The Procurement Board has progressed in its selection process, with the examination of economic bids.
- The project represents one more step in the digitalization and sustainability process deployed by the Spanish port system.
28-07-2020 (Ministry of Transportation, Mobility and Urban Agenda). The Procurement Board of Puertos del Estado has today proceeded to examine the economic bids submitted for the "Analysis, design, development, implantation and management of an operative prototype in relation to a logistics data exchange system" contract (SIMPLE Technological Platform). A total of six bids have been submitted to the tender, to be executed over a 30-month term for a tendered amount of 4,700,000 euros, VAT included.
The selected bid must:
- Make it possible for data to be shared amongst the various agents involved in multimodal cargo transportation, providing the necessary data throughout the supply chain and improving data exchange, following the single data entry principle.
- Develop devices to facilitate an exchange of information and data, enabling interoperability between existing data processes and systems.
- Analyze administrative processes and steps, proposing a standardization targeted at multimodal transportation and synchromodality, overcoming current single-mode transportation documents.
- Implant services providing information on various transportation events, seeking real-time awareness of traceable carried cargo, including any possible incidents during transit throughout the supply chain, with sufficient time to be able to apply activities and resources that are able to reduce congestion and optimize modal exchange operating times.
- Simplify modal changes in carried cargo.
- Understand cargo flows and their nature throughout Spain, in order to identify critical points in the chain to find solutions for improved efficiency, without affecting the confidential nature of agent relations.
- Define a governance model that allows all stakeholders to participate, involved in the processes covered by the scope of the project.
- Define and implement safe solutions based on reliance in the system itself and data use, easily integrated in a non-intrusive manner into current stakeholder systems and operating modes.
- Analyze and define an incentives model for all stakeholders, making it possible to reach the challenges defined in the project, to include its viability and sustainability over time.
THE SIMPLE PROJECT
In May 2019, the Ministry of Development signed an Agreement with Adif and Puertos del Estado to design, develop and operate the SIMPLE Technological Platform (SIMplification of Processes for a Logistic Enhancement). Subsequently, in July that same year, a seminar was arranged to launch a challenge amongst market operators, in order to get them involved in issues that needed to be resolved through such project.
The project, subsidized by the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) for its application in the European Union, represents one more step in the digitalization and sustainability process launched by Spain's port system.